Zilvermeer pleasure boat harbour
The Zilvermeer lies in the middle of the Kempen lake district. Because of the white sand reclamation a patchwork of lakes and canals was created. Up until now, the Mol region did not have its own pleasure boat harbour, but recently some changes have been made, thanks to the provincial administration.
The new pleasure boat harbour at Zilvermeer opened on 10 June. All sailors can now enjoy top class facilities!
- changing rooms with showers and toilets (both for individual visitors and for groups)
- floating jetties for fifty boats (jetties with individual electricity supply)
- facility for storing drinking water and fuel
- recycling centre for depositing various types of waste and emptying chemical toilets and waste water
- cafeteria with terrace (magnificent view of the canal basin)
- first aid room
- reception/welcome desk with harbourmaster's office
- parking area for cars, bicycles and some coaches
The harbour is also incorporated into the cycle route network of the province of Antwerp.
This project was supported financially by the European Union and by Flanders Tourism.
NEW: ferryboat Calypso IV
The ferryboat Calypso IV was launched on Tuesday 9 January.
At regular times at weekends in the winter and spring, walkers are taken to the other side of the canal basin by ferryboat. A 5 km walk around the basin starts from there. A real must!
The boat seats about 20 walkers. For more information please visit the cafeteria at the pleasure boat harbour or call 014 47 22 57.