Five good reasons for a guided tour
A guide will:
- Show you the unmissable main attractions at the time of your visit.
- Know the arboretum and show you all round it while still returning you to the exit in good time for a meeting in the cafeteria or a visit to another sight.
- Know a lot of stories about the garden, the plants and the people, and be able to give you a true look behind the scenes.
- Always allow you to discover new things so that you find out more each time.
- Make your visit more lively.
A guided walk lasts about 1.5 hours.
Enjoy a unique experience: the arboretum garden and sundown for you and your guests alone. The evening light gives the garden a romantic and fairytale atmosphere and the fragrance of the flowers is all the more remarkable in the evening.
For safety reasons, a guide is always compulsory for evening walks. You are therefore not permitted to walk around in the garden without a guide, but there are special evening opening hours in June, July and August.
Because the Welcome centre is closed in principle during evening walks, you can enter the grounds via the historic Coniferendreef [Conifer Avenue]. Visitors' facilities at the Welcome centre (plant centre, gift- and bookshop and cafeteria) are therefore not available.
Terms and conditions
- No more than 25 people per guide.
- If the planned visit cannot take place or if fewer guides are necessary than requested, the secretary's office should be given at least two working days notice of this. If this notice period is not met, a charge of EUR 15 will be payable (a bill will be sent).
- If the group is delayed, you should inform the secretary's office as soon as possible. In principle, the guide will wait for 15 minutes after the agreed time. If the group fails to turn up, EUR 15 will also be charged.
Pay for your package here online!
Ticket prices Arboretum Kalmthout, valid from January 2011 onwards
IN A GROUP
Children up to 12 years
Senior citizens (form 65 years)
Students (with pass)